THE FEDERAL HOUSING AUTHORITY OF NIGERIA – PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP
The Public-Private and Public-Public Partnership Programmes of the Authority will support small, medium and large scale estate development proposals which adopt integrated approach for sustainable housing delivery. Key objectives of the programmes include:
- Establish viable and sustainable Partnerships between the Authority and Private/Public investors/developers in the delivery of decent housing in sustainable environments.
- Foster partnerships which are profitable, cost effective, leveraging on the strengths of Private Partners in project financing, financial prudence and effective management.
- Provide decent and affordable housing units with a view to reducing the acute shortage of housing in the country.
- Contribute to urban regeneration through redevelopment/renewal of Authority’s existing estates across the nation.
- Showcase the PPP as a veritable tool for housing delivery.
- Create opportunities for business enhancement for parties in the partnership and through it enhance the contributions of the housing sector to the economic well-beings of Nigerians.
- Facilitate the provision of on-site infrastructure.
SCOPE OF THE PROGRAMMES
- The Authority will undertake PPP developments in all geo-political zones of Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory.
- The programme aims at developing fully integrated housing estates with basic infrastructure and services that enhance the standard of living of Nigerians.
- Estate upgrading, community renewal, infrastructure and general services improvement/maintenance in existing estates of the Authority will be addressed in consultation with Residents Associations.
- The adaptation of tested techniques and innovations in housing delivery will be encouraged. This will serve as a source for skills acquisition and capacity development.
- Explore other areas of partnership that would help the Authority fulfill its mandate.
- Federal Housing Authority
- Federal Ministry of Land, Housing and Urban Development
- States, FCT and Local Governments in the Federation
- Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria
- Private Investors
- Nigerian Investment Promotion Council
- Real Estate Developers Association of Nigeria
- Manufacturers of Building Materials
- Financial Institutions
- Bilateral & Multilateral Agencies
- Residents Associations
- Housing Cooperatives
- Professional Bodies
- Research Institutions
- Primary Mortgage Institutions (PMIs)
OBLIGATIONS OF KEYS PARTNERS
Federal Housing Authority (FHA)
- Provision of land in suitable locations in collaboration with State, FCT and Local Governments.
- Survey demarcation and acquisition of titles to land
- Grant Development Lease of years certain, renewable if necessary to Investors/Developers in accordance to the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
- Issuance of appropriate title documents to eventual beneficiaries of the housing units.
- Provision of technical support and monitoring of the project.
- Co-ordination of stake holders’ consultation.
- Appraise detailed development plans, designs of building to ensure compliance with standards, codes and general land use plan of gthe locality.
- Appoint Facility Manager and Establish Residents Associations for post delivery maintenance & management of estate.
- Joint marketing of products and operation of Escrow account.
- Estate branding, street naming and house numberings.
- Enforcement of development control regulations.
- Submit comprehensive development proposals in line with this guidelines, and as may be amended or reviewed from time to time;
- Mobilize financial resources to fund the development and show satisfactory evidence of availability of funds through an irrevocable letter of commitment from a financial institution acceptable to the Authority;
- Provide performance bond (renewable) issued by a licensed bank in Nigeria in favour of Federal Housing Authority against 25% of the total capital outlay within 30 days from the date of grant of vacant possession of site;
- Implement and manage the construction of the houses under a joint monitoring team;
- Provide standard on-site infrastructure services;
- Joint marketing of products and opening/operation of Escrow account;
- Payment of the sum of N1,000,000.00 (One Million Naira) only as processing and appraisal fee (subject to review without prior notice);
- Payment of the sum of N250,000.00 (Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) only as legal fees (subject to review without prior notice);
- Obtain relevant approvals before passion of site